Two years ago he dramatically (albeit temporarily) left the BBC to campaign full time to be (sorry, to get) an elected mayor for Liverpool.
Yesterday he admitted to the Daily Post that he was sad, and had failed to get the signatures for a second year running.
In two years his campaign has collected only 11,000 of the 17,100 signatures it needs, but each signature is only valid for one year, so he probably has only 5-6000 signatures.
According to the Daily Post's Dave Bartlett, the current runners for the race (if it's ever called) are:-
- Phil Redmond - because Brookside helped reinvent Liverpool's image didn't it?
- Frank McKenna - Disgraced former deputy leader of Skelmersdale, who now claims to be a business lobbyist!
- Liam Fogarty - who couldn't even organise a petition!
- Joe Anderson - who couldn't even organise a p___ up in a brewery!
- Warren Bradley - yeah lets pay him an extra £100K a year to do the jobs he's already doing!