So this is what the Con Dems are doing
A 19% cut in government funding - taking us back to 2006 levels - instead of the more responsible 20% cut Labour promised before the election. How irresponsible can you get?
What's more, they won't even be cutting the NHS - even though Alistair Darling pledged to include them in our 20% cut!!! Instead they are taking it out on poor higher rate taxpayers like poor Joe Anderson.
- Permanent tax on banks
- axing tax relief on people who save more than £50,000 a year in their pensions
- benefits cuts for the rich
- £900 million crackdown on rich tax evaders
- higher capital gains tax for rich
- More money for schools
- a £7bn "premium" for poorest pupils
- more money for the NHS
- £2billion for social care
- More cancer drugs to be made available
- More investment in transport (including £100 million for Liverpool's railways)
- 150,000 new affordable houses
- 75,000 apprenticeships every year
- £1billion green investment bank
- More overseas aid
- £1bn regional growth fund
It's just lucky Gordon signed the contract for the two aircraft carriers before the election. Now it would have cost more to cancel them than to build them. Ha! We got you there!
Even worse, they plan to cut back on vital nuclear warhead, delay trident's replacement, cut back on fighter planes and cut back our armed forces to a level where we couldn't even afford to invade Iraq again!!!
After seeing how the country is being run by a bunch of lilly livered liberal lefties, it just makes me even more glad that I made the brave decision to defect to Labour this summer.