UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nantwich

I spent a very pleasant day back on the campaign tail, this time for the Crewe & Nantwich by-election.

I had a quick sniff around the very busy (but well organised) campaign HQ, bumping into several friends who have been helping to run things down there. I was also able to give them the benefit of my expertise for some of the final bits of literature!

Then it was off to Nantwich with my human delivery team.

Nantwich is a medium sized market town, but it feels more like a leafy village. As a was delivering leaflets down a main road, two ducks waddled up to me. I had to resist the instinct to give them a friendly bark, as I would have dropped the leaflets I was carrying - anyway I had to be on my best behaviour.

Everyone I saw was very friendly, particularly once they saw the yellow rosette on my collar. Many of them wished us luck and promised to vote for our excellent candidate, Elizabeth Shenton.

It was a lovely warm day, so on the way back to Liverpool we stopped off at a little farm with a shop selling delicious home made ice cream. Yum Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you realise Dude that Elizabeth is a cat woman - she has ten cats. Clearly she is a superior type of human!

Kit and Kaboodle
(lib dem cats)