By the evening, Jane Kennedy's office was flooded with letters of support, which where dutifully sent off to Daily Post columnist (and Paul Brant lookalike) David Bartlett, who promptly posted them on his blog in order to inform and amuse his reader.
Surely this is just the sort of shameless New Labour spin that Jane Kennedy has railed against? No, as she told Jeremy Paxman last night, "I have no problem with spinning... I separate spinning from smearing."
Oh dear Jane, you slipped off Matt's carefully crafted script there didn't you?
One of the supportive letters said, "You were always game for a fight if the cause was just."
So lets look at the just causes you were not prepared to fight or resign for.
- An illegal war in Iraq - VOTED FOR
- Making local kids pay for the education you got for free - VOTED FOR
- Introducing ID cards - VOTED FOR
- Stripping the nation of it's civil liberties - VOTED FOR
- Student top up fees - VOTED FOR
-Foundation hospitals - VOTED FOR
- Greater freedom of information - VOTED AGAINST
-An investigation into the illegal war in Iraq - VOTED AGAINST
-Cutting benefits to the disabled - VOTED FOR
-Re-opening Broadgreen A&E (which you supported in opposition) DID NOTHING EVEN WHEN YOU WERE A HEALTH MINISTER
Locking your constituents up for 3 months without trial - VOTED FOR
-Cutting benefits to lone parents - VOTED FOR
- Making the sick and elderly sell their homes to pay for care - VOTED FOR