UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No to the incinerator


Steve and Lib Dem Councillor Phil Moffatt have been doing a lot of campaigning against the plans to build an incinerator.

Apparently the Labour led Waste Disposal Authority want to build a big plant to burn the region's rubbish. Lots of people are worried that the dust and fumes from this burner will be dangerous.

Personally I am very worried about all the dust - particularly when you have as sensitive a nose as mine. The big problem with being so close to the ground is that every time I sneeze, I bang my nose on the floor! If this crazy plan goes ahead I'm sure I will be sneezing all the time - and will end up with a nose like Rudolf!

IT'S NOT FUNNY! EVERY TIME I SNEEZE IT HURTS MY NOSE! SERIOUSLY, STOP LAUGHING RIGHT NOW!!!

Two of Phil's Lib Dem friends have resigned from the Waste Board in protest at the way Labour have been carrying on with these plans behind closed doors. Well done chaps for making a stand.

Apparently Rosie the Rottweiler was concerned about this a few months ago. She asked the Council to discuss the incinerator plans - but changed her mind at the last minute. Perhaps she was feeling the heat from her pals in the Labour Party?

No comments: